The museum offers a variety of permanent exhibits about railroad and Temple history, focusing on the Santa Fe Railroad and Temple’s long history of involvement with the railroad. Exhibits are located on the second floor of the museum.
The permanent exhibit galleries offer small vignettes covering a variety of topics. Some of the exhibits on display are
- Mudtown to Temple Junction
- Railroad Medicine: The Santa Fe Hospital
- The Railroad Blacksmith
- Types of Locomotives of the Santa Fe Railroad
- Death Rides the Rails
- Life on the Caboose
- Ordered by Mail / Delivered by Rail
- Railroads at War
- The Fred Harvey Company: Food for the Santa Fe
- Communications on the Railroad
The museum also has a temporary exhibit gallery and hosts a regular program of changing exhibits, covering railroad and general history topics of interest to the people of Temple.